1. THE CROWNED CHRIST
• Christ = Messiah – “anointed” – Position of the Administration & the Power of the Office
• Matt 3:17 – He Pleased the Father
• Matt 28:18 – He is Full of Power
• John 1:14 – Because He Came
• Phil 2:9-11 – He is exalted – HIS NAMES…
• Rev 5:12-13 – He is the Crowned Christ — PRAISE HIM!!
2. THE CAPTAIN OF OUR SALVATION
• Captain = Prince, Originator, Leader, Founder, Pioneer, Author
• Heb 12:2 – Pioneer of our Salvation
Think about when he authored our salvation…
He had to find a word that described our condition – SIN
But He found a word that described our escape – SALVATION
He wrote SALVATION on the paper of our sin debt
He wrote SALVATION with the pen made from the rusty nails
He wrote SALVATION with the ink of his crimson blood
He signed the payment with His resurrection from the dead…
He is is our Captain – our Commander in Chief.
Illus. – The battle in Kosovo (Commander & Captain & Private)
POEM – “The Marching Christ”
OBEY YOUR CAPTAIN – NOT BECAUSE YOU’RE COMMANDED – BECAUSE OF WHO HE IS…
3. THE CONQUERING SAVIOR
• Conqueror – Winner, Victor, Challenged, Deliverer
• Gen 3:15 – The Prediction
• John 16:33 – The Person
• Rev 6:2 – The Power
Illus. – Joshua didn’t need help conquering the land of Canaan – he was told to possess it – to go into a conquered land
Canaan pictures a victorious life – POSSESS IT!!
• Destroy – ABOLISH – render inoperative
• The Devil’s Tools are as useless as a Junkyard Reject!
Freed from Sin’s Bonds – Slaves don’t have fellowship
Freed to enter into God’s Presence – Slaves can’t see the king
Freed to be a Heavenly Citizen – Slaves can’t be travelers
Freed to be Bound Again… BY HIS LOVE 1 Cor 5:14 “The Love of Christ Constraineth Me”
4. THE COMPASSIONATE PRIEST
• Compassion – Sympathetic, Empathetic, Lover
• John 3:16 – His Love Gave Up Heaven
• John 15:13 – His Love Gave His Life
• Rom 8:35-39 – His Love Brings Victory
• Jude 21 – His Love Guards Us
The Perfect God was “PERFECTED” – WOW! That’s deep!
He lacked something… to feel the pain of his people.
To be a good high priest, you must associate with them.
1. YES, Jesus came to seek & save the Sinner – SALVATION
2. YES, He came to the cry of helpless babies for SUCCORING
You are loved by the Creator, the Crowned Messiah, You are Part of His Army, You are living in Conquered Territory…
Look to Jesus; Consider CHRIST!